Friday, January 29, 2016

THE BROOK

THE BROOK

Image result for pic of Lucy diamond
 Lucy diamond

I like to watch the merry  brook
                  Go rippiling on  it’s  way ;
It sings me such a happy song
                 All though the summer  day.


It tells me tales of many things’
                As  on the  grass I lie ‘
 About the hills from which it  came
                And where it goes and why .


And if I had a  tiny boat’
       A-    sailing I would go’
 And  hasten with the brook to join
        The river deep and slow




7 comments:

  1. Someone copied this poem and published it in a magazine! I was sure it was copied to here I am

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone copied this poem and published it in a magazine! I was sure it was copied to here I am

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really heart touching poem

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can u please she me the summary

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pic above is not of the author of this poem, which I learnt at school in the 1950's, but have always felt it belonged in the Victorian genre.

    ReplyDelete