Friday, February 5, 2016

THE TOWN CHILD

THE TOWN  CHILD


Image result for pic of Irene Thompson
Irene  Thompson

  I live  in the town
                     In a  street:        

 It is   crowded  with traffic
                     And  feet;

 There  are buses  and  motors
                     And  trams ;

I wish there were meadows
                      And  lambs .

  
The houses  all wait
                       IN a  row ,

There is smoke everywhere
              That I go .

I don’t  like the noises
                     I  hear –

   I wish  there were  woods 
                       Very   near .



There  is only one thing
                                    That  I love ,

Far  above .
                                       There  is plenty of room

IN the  blue
                                For  castle  of clouds

And me ,too  !

No comments:

Post a Comment